Let's close out the week with the following activities from the Apache community:
ASF Board –management and oversight of the business affairs of the corporation in accordance with the Foundation's bylaws.
- Next Board Meeting: 21 November. Board calendar and minutes http://apache.org/foundation/board/calendar.html
ApacheCon™ –the ASF's official global conference series, now in its 20th year.
- REGISTER TODAY for Apache Roadshow DC and Open Source Job Fair (job fair free to attend!) http://www.apachecon.com/usroadshow18/
ASF Infrastructure –our distributed team on three continents keeps the ASF's infrastructure running around the clock.
- 7M+ weekly checks yield sunshine-y performance at 98.87% uptime. http://status.apache.org/
Apache Code Snapshot –this week, 479 Apache contributors changed 1,107,294 lines of code over 2,938 commits. Top 5 contributors, in order, are: Cassandra Targett, Ash Berlin-Taylor, Guillaume Nodet, Oleg Kalnichevski, and Tilman Hausherr.
Apache HttpComponents™ Core –HTTP/1.1 and HTTP/2 transport components that can be used to build custom client and server side HTTP services with a minimal footprint.
- HttpComponents Core 5.0 beta5 released http://hc.apache.org/
Apache HTTP Server –the world's most popular server software.
- The Apache Software Foundation Announces Apache® HTTP Server v2.4.37 https://s.apache.org/1o7h
Apache Impala™ –a high-performance distributed SQL engine.
- CVE-2018-11785 and CVE-2018-11792 addition of two security fixes to Apache Impala 3.0.1 release http://mail-archives.apache.org/mod_mbox/www-announce/201810.mbox/%3CCAC-pSX0osuFEzJg4aveHLAqBb_TUPSL9d-jr1%2B983gdAPYngiQ%40mail.gmail.com%3E
Apache ServiceComb™ –Open Source microservices framework.
- The Apache Software Foundation Announces Apache® ServiceComb™ as a Top-Level Project https://s.apache.org/Wv9i
Apache Tomcat™ Native –provides portable API for features not found in contemporary JDKs.
- Apache Apache Tomcat Native 1.2.18 released https://tomcat.apache.org/
Did You Know?
- Did you know that Apache Hadoop original co-founder Doug Cutting, Apache Kafka original co-founder Neha Narkhede, and Apache Groovy Committer Graeme Rocher won 2018 Groundbreaker Awards? https://developer.oracle.com/devo/groundbreakers
- Did you know that Adobe uses Apache Kafka to scale from 25 trillion events to 250 trillion events across 17 data centers? http://kafka.apache.org/
- Did you know that Apache NetBeans (incubating) won a 2018 Duke's Choice Award? https://blogs.oracle.com/java/announcing-2018-dukes-choice-award-winners
Apache Community Notices:
- ASF Operations Summary: Q1 FY2019 https://s.apache.org/qiKn
- ASF Annual Report for FY2018 https://s.apache.org/FY2018AnnualReport
- The Apache Software Foundation Celebrates 19 Years of Open Source Leadership "The Apache Way" https://s.apache.org/gK4Q
- Read "Open – For Business – At the ASF" by Merv Adrian, VP Research at Gartner https://blogs.gartner.com/merv-adrian/2018/03/27/open-for-business-at-the-asf/
- The Apache Software Foundation 2018 Vision Statement https://s.apache.org/zqC3
- Apache in 2017 - By The Digits https://s.apache.org/h8do
- Foundation Statement –Apache Is Open. https://s.apache.org/PIRA
- "Success at Apache" focuses on the processes behind why the ASF "just works". https://blogs.apache.org/foundation/category/SuccessAtApache
- Please follow/like/re-tweet the ASF on social media: @TheASF on Twitter and on LinkedIn at https://www.linkedin.com/company/the-apache-software-foundation
- Do friend and follow us on the Apache Community Facebook page https://www.facebook.com/ApacheSoftwareFoundation/and Twitter account https://twitter.com/ApacheCommunity
- The list of Apache project-related MeetUps can be found at http://events.apache.org/event/meetups.html
- The Apache Big Data community will be at DataWorks Summit 18-21 March 2019 in Barcelona and 20-23 May 2019 in Washington DC https://dataworkssummit.com/
- Future dates for Spark + AI Summit 2019 announced: 23-25 April/San Francisco and 15-17 October/Amsterdam https://databricks.com/sparkaisummit/
- Block your calendars for ApacheCon North America: taking place in September 2019; announcing dates and details soon. http://apachecon.com/
- Find out how you can participate with Apache community/projects/activities --opportunities open with Apache HTTP Server, Avro, ComDev (community development), Directory, Incubator, OODT, POI, Polygene, Syncope, Tika, Trafodion, and more! https://helpwanted.apache.org/
# # #
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------ - Source: Read on Source Website...
Source Site: The Apache Software Foundation Blog