Greetings, December: counting down to the end of the calendar year. All the while, the brilliant Apache community remains productive:
Support Apache –help keep Apache software for everyone.
- Join 730+ generous contributors who have donated nearly $80,000 to the ASF as part of our Individual Giving campaigns. Giving to the ASF feels great and is so easy --every dollar counts! http://donate.apache.org
Success at Apache –a monthly blog series that focuses on the processes behind why the ASF "just works".
- Success at Apache: Cookie Monster by Isabel Drost-Fromm https://s.apache.org/cnSe
ASF Board –management and oversight of the business affairs of the corporation in accordance with the Foundation's bylaws.
- Next Board Meeting: 19 December. Board calendar and minutes http://apache.org/foundation/board/calendar.html
ApacheCon™ –the ASF's official global conference series, now in its 20th year.
- SAVE THE DATE: ApacheCon North America 2019 will take place 9-13 September in Las Vegas http://apachecon.com/
ASF Infrastructure –our distributed team on three continents keeps the ASF's infrastructure running around the clock.
- 7M+ weekly checks yield impressive performance at 99.53% uptime. http://status.apache.org/
Apache Code Snapshot –this week, 470 Apache contributors changed 835,412 lines of code over 3,025 commits. Top 5 contributors, in order, are: Jean-Baptiste Onofré, Andrea Cosentino, Andrzej Kaczmarek, Jan Piotrowski, and Tilman Hausherr.
Apache Bahir™ –provides extensions to multiple distributed analytic platforms, such as Apache Spark, to extend their reach with diverse streaming connectors and SQL data sources.
- Apache Bahir 2.3.2 released http://bahir.apache.org
Apache BookKeeper™ –a scalable, fault-tolerant, and low-latency storage service optimized for real-time workloads.
- Apache BookKeeper 4.8.1 released https://bookkeeper.apache.org
Apache CouchDB™ –Open Source NoSQL document database using HTTP, JSON, and MapReduce.
- Apache CouchDB 2.3.0 released https://couchdb.apache.org/
Apache Crail (incubating) –a high-performance distributed data store designed for fast sharing of ephemeral data in distributed data processing workloads.
- Apache Crail 1.1-incubating released https://crail.incubator.apache.org/
Apache HBase™ –Open Source, distributed, versioned, non-relational database.
- Apache HBase 2.0.3 released https://hbase.apache.org/
Apache Impala™ –a high-performance distributed SQL engine.
- Apache Impala 3.1.0 released https://impala.apache.org/
Apache Ignite™ –a memory-centric distributed database, caching, and processing platform for transactional, analytical, and streaming workloads delivering in-memory speeds at petabyte scale.
- Apache Ignite 2.7.0 Vulnerable Dependecies Updates http://mail-archives.apache.org/mod_mbox/www-announce/201812.mbox/%3CCALUCNEsCwE0fC2XCHi996%3DOdUCZZLK8WzF2KOdaLPYkZzWE_8A%40mail.gmail.com%3E
Apache Jackrabbit™ –a fully compliant implementation of the Content Repository for Java(TM) Technology API, version 2.0 (JCR 2.0) as specified in the Java Specification Request 283 (JSR 283).
- Apache Jackrabbit 2.18.0 and Jackrabbit Oak 1.9.12 released http://jackrabbit.apache.org/
Apache Kylin™ –an Open Source Distributed Analytics Engine designed to provide SQL interface and multi-dimensional analysis (OLAP) on Apache Hadoop, supporting extremely large datasets.
- Apache Kylin 2.5.2 released https://kylin.apache.org/
Apache PDFBox™ –an Open Source Java tool for working with PDF documents.
- Apache PDFBox 2.0.13 released http://pdfbox.apache.org/
Apache PLC4X (incubating) –a set of libraries for communicating with industrial programmable logic controllers (PLCs) using a variety of protocols but with a shared API.
- Apache PLC4X 0.2.0 released http://plc4x.apache.org
Apache POI™ –Java library for reading and writing Microsoft Office file formats, such as Excel, PowerPoint, Word, Visio, Publisher and Outlook.
- Apache POI 4.0.1 released https://poi.apache.org/
Apache Qpid™ –the latest release of the newer JMS client supporting the Advanced Message Queuing Protocol 1.0 (AMQP 1.0, ISO/IEC 19464), based around the Apache Qpid Proton protocol engine and implementing the AMQP JMS Mapping as it evolves at OASIS.
- Apache Qpid JMS 0.39.0 released http://qpid.apache.org/
Apache ServiceComb™ –a microservice framework that provides a set of tools and components to make Cloud application development and deployment easier.
- Apache ServiceComb Service-Center 1.1.0, ServiceComb Saga 0.2.1, and Java-Chassis 1.1.0 released http://servicecomb.apache.org/
Apache Tomcat™ Native Library –provides portable API for features not found in contemporary JDKs.
- Apache Tomcat Native 1.2.19 released http://tomcat.apache.org/
Apache UIMA™ –supports the community working on the analysis of unstructured information with a unifying Java and C++ framework, tooling, and analysis components, guided by the OASIS UIMA (Unstructured Information Management Architecture) standard.
- Apache UIMA Java SDKs and versions 2.10.3 and 3.0.1 released http://uima.apache.org
Apache Wicket™ –Open Source Java component oriented Web application framework that powers thousands of applications and sites for governments, stores, universities, cities, banks, email providers, and more.
- Apache Wicket 7.11.0 released http://wicket.apache.org/
Did You Know?
- Did you know that you can see a top-level overview of each Apache project, the category they fall under, timelines, evolution, and overall commit history at https://projects.apache.org/ ?
- Did you know that Apache Cayenne is an Open Source Java object-to-relational mapping framework? Check out v4.0 of the "ORM superpower" https://cayenne.apache.org/
Apache Community Notices:
- ASF Operations Summary: Q2 FY2019 https://s.apache.org/d2Fq
- ASF Annual Report for FY2018 https://s.apache.org/FY2018AnnualReport
- The Apache Software Foundation 2018 Vision Statement https://s.apache.org/zqC3
- Foundation Statement –Apache Is Open. https://s.apache.org/PIRA
- "Success at Apache" focuses on the processes behind why the ASF "just works". https://blogs.apache.org/foundation/category/SuccessAtApache
- Please follow/like/re-tweet the ASF on social media: @TheASF on Twitter and on LinkedIn at https://www.linkedin.com/company/the-apache-software-foundation
- Do friend and follow us on the Apache Community Facebook page https://www.facebook.com/ApacheSoftwareFoundation/and Twitter account https://twitter.com/ApacheCommunity
- The list of Apache project-related MeetUps can be found at http://events.apache.org/event/meetups.html
- Flink Forward China will take place 21-22 December 2018 in Beijing https://china-2018.flink-forward.org/call-for-presentations-submit-talk/
- The Apache Big Data community will be at DataWorks Summit 18-21 March 2019 in Barcelona and 20-23 May 2019 in Washington DC https://dataworkssummit.com/
- Future dates for Spark + AI Summit 2019 announced: 23-25 April/San Francisco and 15-17 October/Amsterdam https://databricks.com/sparkaisummit/
- Block your calendars for ApacheCon North America: taking place in September 2019; announcing dates and details soon. http://apachecon.com/
- Find out how you can participate with Apache community/projects/activities --opportunities open with Apache HTTP Server, Avro, ComDev (community development), Directory, Incubator, OODT, POI, Polygene, Syncope, Tika, Trafodion, and more! https://helpwanted.apache.org/
# # #
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------ - Source: Read on Source Website...
Source Site: The Apache Software Foundation Blog