As we wrap up the week, we wish everyone a festive holiday season for those who celebrate. Like Santa's elves, the Apache community is always working! Here's what happened over the past week:
Support Apache –help keep Apache software for everyone.
- Just a few remain to make a tax-deductible donation to the ASF in 2018. Every dollar counts! http://donate.apache.org
ASF Board –management and oversight of the business affairs of the corporation in accordance with the Foundation's bylaws.
- Next Board Meeting: 16 January. Board calendar and minutes http://apache.org/foundation/board/calendar.html
ApacheCon™ –the ASF's official global conference series, now in its 20th year.
- CFP Now Open: Apache Roadshow Chicago 13-14 May 2019 http://apachecon.com/chiroadshow19/index.html
- Save the Date: ApacheCon North America 9-13 September in Las Vegas http://apachecon.com/
ASF Infrastructure –our distributed team on three continents keeps the ASF's infrastructure running around the clock.
- 7M+ weekly checks yield nice-not-naughty performance at 98.90% uptime. http://status.apache.org/
Apache Code Snapshot –this week, 473 Apache contributors changed 1,132,275 lines of code over 2,913 commits. Top 5 contributors, in order, are: Jonathan Hung, Andrea Cosentino, Mehul Parikh, Robert Munteanu, and Stephen Mallette.
Apache HttpComponents™ –a library for client-side HTTP communication built on HttpCore.
- Apache HttpComponents Client 5.0 beta3 released http://hc.apache.org/
Apache Jackrabbit™ Oak –a scalable, high-performance hierarchical content repository designed for use as the foundation of modern world-class Web sites and other demanding content applications.
- Apache Jackrabbit Oak 1.8.10 released http://jackrabbit.apache.org/
Apache Knox™ –a REST API Gateway for providing secure access to the data and processing resources of Apache Hadoop clusters.
- Apache Knox 1.2.0 released https://knox.apache.org/
Apache Lucene™ –a high-performance, full-featured text search engine library written entirely in Java.
- Apache Lucene 7.6.0 released http://lucene.apache.org/
- Solr Reference Guide for 7.6 released https://www.apache.org/dyn/closer.cgi/lucene/solr/ref-guide/apache-solr-ref-guide-7.6.pdf
Apache ServiceComb™ –a type of Compensating Transaction pattern, which provides a simple way to help users solve the data consistency problems encountered in micro-service applications.
- Apache ServiceComb Saga Actuator v0.3.0 released http://servicecomb.apache.org/
Apache Tomcat™ –an Open Source software implementation of the Java Servlet, JavaServer Pages, Java Unified Expression Language, Java WebSocket and JASPIC technologies.
- Apache Tomcat 8.5.37 and 9.0.14 released http://tomcat.apache.org/
Did You Know?
- Did you know that Apache projects, their communities, and Apache events including ApacheCon operate under the terms of The Apache Software Foundation Code of Conduct? https://www.apache.org/foundation/policies/conduct.html
- Did you know that Apache Airflow is used to track disease outbreaks in India? http://airflow.apache.org/
- Did you know that BRPC, Iceberg, IoTDB, and ShardingSphere are new podlings undergoing development in the Apache Incubator? http://incubator.apache.org/
Apache Community Notices:
- ASF Operations Summary: Q2 FY2019 https://s.apache.org/d2Fq
- ASF Annual Report for FY2018 https://s.apache.org/FY2018AnnualReport
- The Apache Software Foundation 2018 Vision Statement https://s.apache.org/zqC3
- Foundation Statement –Apache Is Open. https://s.apache.org/PIRA
- "Success at Apache" focuses on the processes behind why the ASF "just works". https://blogs.apache.org/foundation/category/SuccessAtApache
- Please follow/like/re-tweet the ASF on social media: @TheASF on Twitter and on LinkedIn at https://www.linkedin.com/company/the-apache-software-foundation
- Do friend and follow us on the Apache Community Facebook page https://www.facebook.com/ApacheSoftwareFoundation/and Twitter account https://twitter.com/ApacheCommunity
- The list of Apache project-related MeetUps can be found at http://events.apache.org/event/meetups.html
- The Apache Big Data community will be at DataWorks Summit 18-21 March 2019 in Barcelona and 20-23 May 2019 in Washington DC https://dataworkssummit.com/
- Future dates for Spark + AI Summit 2019 announced: 23-25 April/San Francisco and 15-17 October/Amsterdam https://databricks.com/sparkaisummit/- CFP Now Open: Apache Roadshow Chicago 13-14 May 2019 http://apachecon.com/chiroadshow19/index.html
- CFP now open for Berlin Buzzwords: 16-18 June 2019 https://berlinbuzzwords.de/
- Save the date: ApacheCon North America 9-13 September 2019 http://apachecon.com/
- Find out how you can participate with Apache community/projects/activities --opportunities open with Apache HTTP Server, Avro, ComDev (community development), Directory, Incubator, OODT, POI, Polygene, Syncope, Tika, Trafodion, and more! https://helpwanted.apache.org/
# # #
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------ - Source: Read on Source Website...
Source Site: The Apache Software Foundation Blog