Welcome, 2019! We're testing a slightly adjusted format --do let us know what you think:
Apache in 2018 - By The Digits
- Stewarding 300+ projects "The Apache Way" https://s.apache.org/Apache2018Digits
ASF Board –management and oversight of the business affairs of the corporation in accordance with the Foundation's bylaws.
- Next Board Meeting: 16 January. Board calendar and minutes http://apache.org/foundation/board/calendar.html
ApacheCon™ –the ASF's official global conference series, now in its 20th year.
- CFP Now Open: Apache Roadshow Chicago 13-14 May 2019 http://apachecon.com/chiroadshow19/index.html
- Save the Date: ApacheCon North America 9-13 September in Las Vegas http://apachecon.com/
ASF Infrastructure –our distributed team on three continents keeps the ASF's infrastructure running around the clock.
- NEW statistics and visualizations for 7M+ weekly checks: 99.96% uptime. http://www.apache.org/uptime/
Apache Code Snapshot –this week, 293 Apache contributors changed 960,842 lines of code over 1,707 commits. Top 5 contributors, in order, are: Tilman Hausherr, Dan Haywood, Claus Ibsen, Kaxil Naik, and Olivier Lamy.
Apache Project Announcements –the latest updates by category.
- Apache Tiles retired http://attic.apache.org
Big Data --
- Apache Drill 1.15.0 released https://drill.apache.org/
- Apache Juneau 8.0.0 released http://juneau.apache.org/
Incubating Podlings --
- Apache NetBeans 10.0 released https://netbeans.apache.org/
- Apache ServiceComb Pack version 0.3.0 released http://servicecomb.apache.org/
Network Client/Server --
- Apache OpenMeetings 4.0.7 released https://openmeetings.apache.org
Did You Know?
- Did you know that Apache Fortress is accepting ideas for new features or bug fix requests on their JIRA? https://issues.apache.org/jira/projects/FC/summary
- Did you know that Apache OpenOffice offers hundreds of ready-to-use extensions, including dictionaries, tools, PDF importer, and more? https://sourceforge.net/projects/aoo-extensions/
- Did you know that once again, Apache Community Development (ComDev) will be helming the ASF booth, and dozens of Apache projects will be having a presence at FOSDEM 2-3 February/Brussels? https://fosdem.org/2019/
Apache Community Notices:
- Apache in 2018 - By The Digits https://s.apache.org/Apache2018Digits
- ASF Operations Summary: Q2 FY2019 https://s.apache.org/d2Fq
- ASF Annual Report for FY2018 https://s.apache.org/FY2018AnnualReport
- The Apache Software Foundation 2018 Vision Statement https://s.apache.org/zqC3
- Foundation Statement –Apache Is Open. https://s.apache.org/PIRA
- "Success at Apache" focuses on the processes behind why the ASF "just works". https://blogs.apache.org/foundation/category/SuccessAtApache
- Please follow/like/re-tweet the ASF on social media: @TheASF on Twitter and on LinkedIn at https://www.linkedin.com/company/the-apache-software-foundation
- Do friend and follow us on the Apache Community Facebook page https://www.facebook.com/ApacheSoftwareFoundation/and Twitter account https://twitter.com/ApacheCommunity
- The list of Apache project-related MeetUps can be found at http://events.apache.org/event/meetups.html
- The ASF will be at FOSDEM 2-3 February/Brussels https://fosdem.org/2019/
- The Apache Big Data community will be at DataWorks Summit 18-21 March 2019 in Barcelona and 20-23 May 2019 in Washington DC https://dataworkssummit.com/
- Future dates for Spark + AI Summit 2019 announced: 23-25 April/San Francisco and 15-17 October/Amsterdam https://databricks.com/sparkaisummit/- CFP Now Open: Apache Roadshow Chicago 13-14 May 2019 http://apachecon.com/chiroadshow19/index.html
- CFP now open for Berlin Buzzwords: 16-18 June 2019 https://berlinbuzzwords.de/
- Save the date: ApacheCon North America 9-13 September 2019 http://apachecon.com/
- Find out how you can participate with Apache community/projects/activities --opportunities open with Apache HTTP Server, Avro, ComDev (community development), Directory, Incubator, OODT, POI, Polygene, Syncope, Tika, Trafodion, and more! https://helpwanted.apache.org/
# # #
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------ - Source: Read on Source Website...
Source Site: The Apache Software Foundation Blog