Hooray for Friday! It's time to review the activities of the Apache Community over the past week:
FINAL CALL: please share your thoughts on The Apache Way in our quick survey https://s.apache.org/oxTr
Success at Apache –the monthly blog series that focuses on the people and processes behind why the ASF "just works".
- For Love or Money: Volunteer vs. Professional Open Source by Rich Bowen https://s.apache.org/ePHl
ASF Board –management and oversight of the business affairs of the corporation in accordance with the Foundation's bylaws.
- Next Board Meeting: 20 February. Board calendar and minutes http://apache.org/foundation/board/calendar.html
ApacheCon™ –the ASF's official global conference series, now in its 21st year.
- Join us: Apache Roadshow/DC and Open Source Career Fair 25 March 2019 http://www.apachecon.com/usroadshow18/
- CFP Now Open: Apache Roadshow/Chicago 13-14 May 2019 http://apachecon.com/chiroadshow19/index.html
- Save the Date: ApacheCon North America 9-13 September in Las Vegas http://apachecon.com/
ASF Infrastructure –our distributed team on three continents keeps the ASF's infrastructure running around the clock.
- 7M+ weekly checks yield 99.98% uptime. http://www.apache.org/uptime/
Apache Code Snapshot –this week, 409 Apache contributors changed 780,780(!) lines of code over 2,663 commits. Top 5 contributors, in order, are: Jean-Baptiste Onofré, Sean Busbey, Andrea Cosentino, Duo Zhang, and Mark Thomas.
Apache Project Announcements –the latest updates by category.
- Apache BookKeeper 4.9.0 released http://bookkeeper.apache.org/
- Apache jclouds 2.1.2 released https://jclouds.apache.org/
- Apache Jackrabbit 2.19.1 released http://jackrabbit.apache.org/
- Apache PLC4X (incubating) 0.3.0 released http://plc4x.apache.org
- Apache Tomcat 9.0.16 and Tomcat Native 1.2.21 released http://tomcat.apache.org/
Did You Know?
- Did you know that the European Commission's new bug bounty program target projects include Apache Kafka and Apache Tomcat? https://joinup.ec.europa.eu/news/eur-3000-eur-25000
- Did you know that you can participate in the Call for Entries for the ASF's 20th Anniversary logo? https://s.apache.org/pK8x
- Did you know that the Los Angeles County Department of Public Social Services uses Apache Wicket? https://wicket.apache.org
Apache Community Notices:
- Apache in 2018 - By The Digits https://s.apache.org/Apache2018Digits
- ASF Operations Summary: Q2 FY2019 https://s.apache.org/d2Fq
- ASF Annual Report for FY2018 https://s.apache.org/FY2018AnnualReport
- The Apache Software Foundation 2018 Vision Statement https://s.apache.org/zqC3
- Foundation Statement –Apache Is Open. https://s.apache.org/PIRA
- "Success at Apache" focuses on the processes behind why the ASF "just works". https://blogs.apache.org/foundation/category/SuccessAtApache
- Please follow/like/re-tweet the ASF on social media: @TheASF on Twitter and on LinkedIn at https://www.linkedin.com/company/the-apache-software-foundation
- Do friend and follow us on the Apache Community Facebook page https://www.facebook.com/ApacheSoftwareFoundation/and Twitter account https://twitter.com/ApacheCommunity
- The list of Apache project-related MeetUps can be found at http://events.apache.org/event/meetups.html
- The Apache Big Data community will be at DataWorks Summit 18-21 March 2019 in Barcelona and 20-23 May 2019 in Washington DC https://dataworkssummit.com/
- Future dates for Spark + AI Summit 2019 announced: 23-25 April/San Francisco and 15-17 October/Amsterdam https://databricks.com/sparkaisummit/- CFP Now Open: Apache Roadshow Chicago 13-14 May 2019 http://apachecon.com/chiroadshow19/index.html
- CFP now open for Berlin Buzzwords: 16-18 June 2019 https://berlinbuzzwords.de/
- Save the date: ApacheCon North America 9-13 September 2019 http://apachecon.com/
- Find out how you can participate with Apache community/projects/activities --opportunities open with Apache HTTP Server, Avro, ComDev (community development), Directory, Incubator, OODT, POI, Polygene, Syncope, Tika, Trafodion, and more! https://helpwanted.apache.org/
# # #
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------ - Source: Read on Source Website...
Source Site: The Apache Software Foundation Blog