What a month! What a week! The collective Apache Community has great cause to celebrate.
Bring out the cake:
– The Apache® Software Foundation Celebrates 20 Years of Community-led Development “The Apache Way” https://s.apache.org/ASF20thAnniversary
– Our Founders look back on 20 Years of the ASF! https://s.apache.org/ASF20th-Founders
– 20 Years of Open Source Innovation, The Apache Way https://s.apache.org/CmA3
– Video Promo: The ASF at 20 https://s.apache.org/ASF20
– Foundation Highlights 1999-2019 http://www.apache.org/press/highlights.html
– Show your support of the ASF’s 20th with dedicated creative assets https://apache.org/foundation/press/kit/
Success at Apache –the monthly blog series that focuses on the people and processes behind why the ASF “just works”.
– What You Need to Know by Maximilian Michels https://s.apache.org/i1tM
ASF Board –management and oversight of the business affairs of the corporation in accordance with the Foundation’s bylaws.
– Announcing New ASF Board of Directors https://s.apache.org/1MH9
– Next Board Meeting: 17 April. Board calendar and minutes http://apache.org/foundation/board/calendar.html
ApacheCon™ –the ASF’s official global conference series, now in its 21st year.
– Join us: Apache Roadshow/Chicago 13-14 May 2019 http://apachecon.com/chiroadshow19/
– CFP Open: ApacheCon North America 9-13 September in Las Vegas http://apachecon.com/
– Registration OPEN: ApacheCon Europe 22-24 October in Berlin http://www.apachecon.com/aceu19/
ASF Infrastructure –our distributed team on three continents keeps the ASF’s infrastructure running around the clock.
– 7M+ weekly checks yield 99.97% uptime. Performance checks across 50 different service components spread over more than 250 machines in data centers around the world. http://www.apache.org/uptime/
Apache Code Snapshot –this week, 440 Apache contributors changed 1,112,262 lines of code over 2,920 commits. Top 5 contributors, in order, are: Jean-Baptiste Onofré, Eric Barnhill, Ash Berlin-Taylor, Bryan Call, Andrea Cosentino.
Apache Project Announcements –the latest updates by category.
Big Data —
– Apache Calcite 1.19.0 released http://calcite.apache.org/
– Apache Kafka 2.2.0 released http://kafka.apache.org/
– Apache NiFi MiNiFi C++ 0.6.0 released https://nifi.apache.org/
– [CVE-2019-0212] Apache HBase REST Server incorrect user authorization https://lists.apache.org/thread.html/37882b94a35fa485399c06d6ab44c7375993e7485dd8f04ba2861fcb@%3Cannounce.apache.org%3E
– Apache Impala 3.2.0 released https://impala.apache.org/
– Apache JSPWiki 2.11.0.M3 released http://jspwiki.apache.org/
– [CVE-2019-0224] Apache JSPWiki Cross-site scripting vulnerability https://lists.apache.org/thread.html/1d494bff07ab9e710de58e8f58bd95cd8c28b49c3c2ca9c1e1e4ad35@%3Cannounce.apache.org%3E
– [CVE-2019-0225] Apache JSPWiki Local File Inclusion (limited ROOT folder) vulnerability leads to user information disclosure https://lists.apache.org/thread.html/03ddbcb1d6322e04734e65805a147a32bcfdb71b8fc5821fb046ba8d@%3Cannounce.apache.org%3E
– Apache Commons BCEL 6.3.1 released https://commons.apache.org/
– Apache Tomcat [SECURITY] CVE-2019-0199 Apache Tomcat HTTP/2 DoS https://lists.apache.org/thread.html/d337df7cd1a3f88a8a626ddae03724a2568d0f91e5e4dc12bfa01731@%3Cannounce.apache.org%3E
Did You Know?
– Did you know that ApacheCon has been bringing “Tomorrow’s Technology Today” since *before* the ASF’s incorporation? We have 4 events in 2019: next up Chicago, Las Vegas, and Berlin. Join us! http://s.apache.org/ApacheCon
– Did you know that whilst The Apache Way is a living, breathing interpretation of one’s experience with our community-led development process, it has 5 core tenets that Apache Projects and their communities must adhere to? https://s.apache.org/TheApacheWay
Apache Community Notices:
– The Apache Way to Sustainable Open Source Success https://s.apache.org/GhnI
– Foundation Reports and Statements http://www.apache.org/foundation/reports.html
– Apache in 2018 – By The Digits https://s.apache.org/Apache2018Digits
– ASF Operations Summary: Q2 FY2019 https://s.apache.org/d2Fq
– ASF Annual Report for FY2018 https://s.apache.org/FY2018AnnualReport
– The Apache Software Foundation 2018 Vision Statement https://s.apache.org/zqC3
– Foundation Statement –Apache Is Open. https://s.apache.org/PIRA
– “Success at Apache” focuses on the processes behind why the ASF “just works”. https://blogs.apache.org/foundation/category/SuccessAtApache
– Please follow/like/re-tweet the ASF on social media: @TheASF on Twitter and on LinkedIn at https://www.linkedin.com/company/the-apache-software-foundation
– Do friend and follow us on the Apache Community Facebook page https://www.facebook.com/ApacheSoftwareFoundation/and Twitter account https://twitter.com/ApacheCommunity
– The list of Apache project-related MeetUps can be found at http://events.apache.org/event/meetups.html
– The Apache Big Data community will be at DataWorks Summit in Washington DC 20-23 May 2019 https://dataworkssummit.com/
– Flink Forward San Francisco 2019 will be held 1-2 April. The event is promoting collaboration between Apache projects by inviting 50 Apache Committers to attend for FREE: use “ASFCommitters19” code PLUS your @apache.org email when registering at https://sf-2019.flink-forward.org/register
– Future dates for Spark + AI Summit 2019 announced: 23-25 April/San Francisco and 15-17 October/Amsterdam https://databricks.com/sparkaisummit/
– CFP open for ApacheCon North America 9-12 September 2019 http://apachecon.com/
– Registration open for ApacheCon Europe 22-24 October 2019 http://apachecon.com/
– Find out how you can participate with Apache community/projects/activities –opportunities open with Apache HTTP Server, Avro, ComDev (community development), Directory, Incubator, OODT, POI, Polygene, Syncope, Tika, Trafodion, and more! https://helpwanted.apache.org/
# # #